Thursday, April 14, 2016

Don't ask me why...

So there I was Day one of my holiday, 2 days after we turned the studio into a 'night club' to host an 18th birthday party for our twins and 80 'close' friends. I was kneading away at the fimo, maybe as some kind of therapy, who knows? I have to say some of it is pretty hard to soften up - there must be a hack for that.. Anyway.. then I took my little creations out to play.. here's how that went...
at the beach...











I'm not sure if it was successful - it was challenging to find the right spots, but also the light was so bright, I couldn't actually see what I was shooting really...
I was also keen on experimenting with the idea of 'if rust had foliage'..
 Cockatoo Island was perfect for that...






Thanks for dropping by... back to what i was doing before that... 























2 comments:

Jakki said...

I absolutely love your little beach creatures! They have found a perfect home. I can imagine them wending their way up the sand from the ocean :) They are so impeccably made, just like the anemones and strange sea creatures that are being discovered in the depths.

I visited Cockatoo Island the last time I was home. I was only going to stay for an hour or so but ended up staying for hours! The decrepit buildings fascinated me and I took so many photos (sadly without rust flowers) because my eye was seeing so many intriguing designs, patterns and wonderful industrial shapes and lines.

Thank you for sharing your view of the world.

Jakki

Indra said...

I like your Cockatoo Island pics. Try tucking the Fimo in your armpit for a while.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails