Friday, March 25, 2016

Postcards from a Beachcomber ...

Hhmm, so it appears some time has flown by since i was last here. Forgive me if i assume you all see my sometimes over posting on instagram, which you can view on a desktop too here.
BUT if you have missed them, well let's have a recap shall we?

In February we had a weekend in Kioala, 3hrs drive South of Sydney. I have enjoyed making 'snippet' videos.. as you may know instagram only lets you post 15secs of video, so these are edited using imovie on my iphone 6. It's basically a 2016 visual diary..



Kioala Beach, NSW from tara axford on Vimeo.


During the weekend I walked along the beach selecting a few bits and pieces.. what's nice about this, is the process... just walking along the beach taking in the sounds, the smells, the detail. I wasn't thinking about what i was going to create I just selected things that seemed interesting. Once i got back i arranged my nature table into 'like' groupings.
Then with the iphone i created little momentos of the location...







To be honest - when you arrive in a location late on the Friday night, and leave lunch time on Sunday, that does mean fast tracking one's art! So that's also why this is super, as you surprise yourself with the little art works, they can be references for future works and you can return all your finds to nature..



Why not give it a go next time you find yourself on a walk?





1 comment:

Guylaine Couture said...

I just love all your work Dudley. I post on my blog about your creation this morning. I'm a graphic designer and artist from montréal.

http://gycouture.blogspot.ca/2016/04/univers-de-bord-de-mer-et.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails