Sunday, April 26, 2015

An Artist's date

A few weeks ago i took myself for an artist's date... 
unfortunately it was a wet, windy, grey Saturday morning - but I had it 'locked in'.

I wandered for a bit around Reef Beach which is down the rocks from Arabanoo lookout, 
Tania Park, near Manly, Sydney Australia.


Arabanoo was an indigenous man who was kidnapped by marines in 1788, it is said that he first thought  the handcuffs to be ornamental. I wanted to explore this idea through imagery of pieces I found on Reef Beach.

Reef beach from tara axford on Vimeo.

From my foraged finds I took photos of some of the arrangements


shot on my iphone 5s
I used these images to form a grid of images that captured the essence of what I saw.


Making the structure  of the wristlet from sculpey,
I printed out the images onto fabric using my inkjet printer.
(ironing the fabric to freezer paper first, to keep it firm).


This monoprint was created using my gelli plate.
I'm enjoying the process of visiting a place and creating a response to it -
easier than sketching the great outdoors insitu!



6 comments:

Lynda Shoup said...

This is the second art adventure of yours I've viewed and I'm still just as blown away as I was watching the first one. The way you experience your environment and then verbalize that visually is awe inspiring.

Kari DeSaulnier said...

Absolutely lovely!! I saw that you were included in Uppercase and was so drawn the sample of your work that I had to come check out your blog. Cheers!

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Fabulous!! Love your work and also,,,please excuse me for going a bit bonkers with your Pinterest but it is all so lovely that my fingers just kept hitting the PIN button,,,I promise to try to control myself from now on. Have a wonderful weekend.

Shelbyville said...

I reckon you're onto something there, talking about experiencing a place and then translating it into a visual response via art. And you've captured it so well in the video, and carried it right through to both the 2D and 3D creations. Love it!
I've been on a similar, but different, journey with the boys - experiencing our local suburb and collecting things we find on the streets/pathways. Your post here has really started me thinking about how we can take our explorations even further creatively. Thank you for your constant inspiration, dear friend! xx

Henri√ętte said...

I'm very impressed by the beauty of your video and art !!!

Robi Awaludin said...

gan good job, this article is very interesting to note, cool deh,, of course we have new insights that we get after reading it, thanx yah :-)

cara alami menyembuhkan fistula,pengobatan alternatif pembengkakan hati,cara alami mengobati pembesaran prostat,cara mengobati sindrom nefrotik,cara mengobati erosi serviks,obat jantung aritmia tradisional,obat paru-paru basah tradisional,obat gondongan tradisional,obat varises esofagus,obat kebas tradisional,obat hemangioma tradisional,cara menyembuhkan benjolan di kelopak mata,obat tbc tradisional,obat penyubur rahim agar cepat hamil tradisional,pengobatan untuk sembuhkan turun berok,pengobatan untuk sembuhkan epilepsi,obat penghilang bekas koreng tradisional,obat pereda kolesterol tinggi tradisional,obat pereda nyeri ambeien,obat pereda asam urat tradisional,pengobatan tradisional kanker endometrium,pengobatan tradisional tumor mamae,cara menghilangkan kadas dan kurap,pengobatan kanker kelenjar getah bening (limfoma),obat penyumbatan tuba falopi tradisional,pengobatan tradisional radang usus buntu (apendisitis),cara menjaga kolesterol tubuh agar tetap stabil,bahaya penyakit radang panggul,bahaya penyakit mani encer,cara menurunkan hdl dan meningkatkan ldl,cara menyembuhkan perlemakan hati,efeksamping mengonsumsi obat anti tbc,cara cepat menurunkan berat badan setelah melahirkan,cara alami agar rambut hitam dan berkilau,cara alami menyembuhkan campak,cara cepat menurunkan kolesterol dan trigliserida,cara menyembuhkan gatal pada selangkangan,cara alami mengobati keputihan abnormal,pengobatan herbal penyakit parkinson,obat kista tiroid tanpa operasi,obat penyempitan tulang belakang herbal,

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails