Monday, February 16, 2015

Gelli print peek

OK, so if you prefer looking at 'what' i create rather than what i 'see' then here is my first process video. As you may be aware i started dabbling in imovie over the Christmas break. This is an experiment filming with my ipad on a stand. Had I known this would be the crop - i would have dressed differently! Although it was about 32C that day! Anyway, as impatient as ever - i release this peek for viewing..

Gelli print peek. from tara axford on Vimeo.


Here are the pieces from the video. All use masking fluid (used for watercolour painting).




The orange + green shapes were a mask cut from sticky backed plastic film.


Roll on.

5 comments:

K Hyman said...

Thanks for sharing your Vimeo with all of us over on Gelatin Printing Enthusiast. It was great to watch your process and I love the way you use a stencil. It gave me some new ideas for inspiration!

Roberta Warshaw said...

Love your video! Thanks for sharing your process!

Nicole said...

Thanks for sharing! This is really cool seeing your process. I really admire the way you are using Gelli printing. I like your handout stencils and layering. Very inspiring. I'd never thought of using masking fluid...more things to try in the studio.

Julie Clay Illustration said...

Thanks for this, I'm just starting with the gelli printing so this is a help and you have some great ideas there. You are brave doing the video, it looks great.

cheiron said...

Wonderful video! I enjoyed seeing your process and your prints are fabulous. Can't wait to try the masking fluid.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails