Monday, October 13, 2014

Loosen up

Last weekend while wanting to ink up the gelli plate i also wanted to cut up and collage and swoosh around some paint. I got out some crayons, markers, pens and made some marks on photocopy paper. Then rolled out the paint on the plate...


out came the scissors + blade as i chopped and sliced them up...


I was trying to let the materials lead me and found myself adding ink + paint washes..
it felt a bit like 'undoing the graphic designer within', here's what happened:








6 comments:

Jane Davies said...

LOVE the openness, the airy quality of these.

PamelaArtsinSF said...

Love them! Thanks for sharing.

carolyndawn said...

My goodness, but they are amazing. Absolutely amazing. Thank you for sharing.

Lubna said...

I think you unleashed pure creative genius! These are just so gorgeous :-)

Kim Henkel said...

I love all of the dashes and lines, and scribbles and scrawls and colour and design on each of these pieces. Such a delight to look at them!

Adrienne said...

Oh, gosh. I love these! The black marks are perfect.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails