Saturday, December 28, 2013

Getting sorted and festive gelli plate printing

Warning: following images contain CLUTTER!

After a couple of busy months, 30 days of frenzied collage (more on that later),
the shed was looking a bit too 'creative'. 


I went to the local hardware store and scored empty boxes (the same size)
and smaller ones to place inside.


 I downsized my magazine collection, sorted my books - then added some white
storage files and boxes...


The cardboard box above (with postcard pegs) houses smaller boxes of colour coded paints -
ready for easy access to the print table.


oh yes, creativity central... before....



While i was checking out the interweb for a second hand set of drawers - it suddenly hit me ... why not re purpose the ones i already had! der. (a $30 find from an opshop years ago, sat next to my desk storing my etsy shop, so i packed the contents into a box). THEN my epiphany.. colour coded gelli plate printed paper storage: cool, warm, mono, prints that can be reprinted. WOW, what a relief to get that unwieldy stack under a bit of control.


So this was the full catastrophe, below.... note the various piles of gelli prints like those bottom right on top of the small bookshelf, which incidentally has shelves with more stacks of papers!



The bookcase was relocated under the window (which i also updated the frame with a coat of white paint). The green folders are from Japanese $2.60 shop Daiso, these are now my gelli plate print reference library. I sorted through my stacks, trimmed and filed, the ones i quite like. I'm thinking it might be nice to flick back through these and see what ideas i may want to work up later.


Part of the stash (below) that is now stored in the folders. Sometimes it's hard to tell if a print is finished, or if you want to take it further, or leave it like it is. Storing them like this takes a bit of the thinking out..


Below: Finishing touch: I had picked up these mugs for $1 each in an opshop thinking i would have a cute 'tea area', huh! sooooooo, never happened. Whereas this re purposing works a lot better!


Ok, so feeling a little fresher ... and actually being able to see surfaces, i was ready to quickly whip up some last minute Christmas cards. Since i used flouro paint (which doesn't scan or reproduce digitally), i used the actual prints to spray glue to stiffer cards.


I printed a mix using flouro orange over the citrus print. I played around with moving the cardboard circles and tree shapes...





I ended up with unique versions of a similar design... just made the 3pm post!
more of a Happy New Year card me thinks!




oh, i'm trying to add the pin it button to each post...
but am not quite loving, (or cracking) the coding thing
:|









3 comments:

katiecrackernuts said...

Your shed. Oh, the envy.

Leslie Kallen said...

One organizational tool that helps contain the clutter is a CD storage tower turned sideways. So those shelves above your desk could be CD towers instead of just a single shelf.
Love your shed.
Leslie

Jodi Wiley said...

Your 'shed' looks heavenly. Love the mini-makeover. Very spiffy :) Nothing like a clean space to start the new year and make room for new creations. Looks like a wonderful, inspiring creative space!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails