Monday, September 30, 2013

Gelli plate printing no.9


So as the days fly by - the alarm gets set, the bus boarded, the logging on logging off. Usually i like to 'book in' some creative time on the weekend. Yep, currently it does involve printing with the gelli plate. Last weekend i was all set to explore 'interesting' colour palettes, but then i found myself squeezing out the greens, again...


What you can't see is me huffing and puffing as Sydney Spring reached 30 degrees C with very dry winds. The paint was being sucked dry rapidly. (i have used mediums previously to slow this down). but here's what happened...


'pack up and stitch' i told myself. 'just one more' I answered. So.. i kept layering..


I also mixed some transparent acrylic with glaze medium (above)



Then i just tried some hand cut rubber stamps, leaf stencils cut from freezer paper oh, and a beer to chill me out (that was after the conversation with myself, for the record).



The above, i sliced up and rearranged as postcards below


So that's what's been happening in my shed lately. Off to set the alarm

3 comments:

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Such beautiful work you do with this gelli fun.....and with the fabric on the post below....you inspire me to cut up an old linen dress which I have been meaning to do for ages but just don't have the courage to do it,,,,well, guess what........

Roberta said...

These are very lovely. Have you tried Golden Open Acrylics? I use them and love them since they don't dry out as fast. You will have a longer time to work.

ellen Donnelly said...

I love seeing your stuff and the work of other artists across the ditch! I live in Wellington NZ. I'm trying to become a skilled gelliplate bee, am inspired by people like yourself, sharing what you do. I love what I think are the distinctly 'Aussie colours'* you guys over there go for, representing your beautiful land. Colours here are more sombre (but no less fab! just not representing heat, heat, heat!! I visited the Grampians in 2012. Loved the scenery.)*'dry' greens, browns, oranges, yellows, reds.
Thanks, Ellen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails