Sunday, July 21, 2013

Monotone, monoprint, gelli plate

Sometimes when faced with one's paints and gelli plate it can be a little overwhelming. Where to start? What colour palette? blah blah blah. The other weekend i decided to stick to mono. Keep it grey, layer it up.


A few speckles, a few splodges.


A stencil here and there.


Ghost print or two.


Then i got out some distress ink pads blended + inked, then cut out shapes


Using postcard size ATC (artist trading card) chipboards i collaged away..


I love how the gelli plate texture added to these


I could see a series beginning here...


On some other pieces i layered a bit of colour and added some stamping with a home made foam stamp (the texture created on the foam with a wood burning tool)


the distress ink also gave a lovely effect on a bubble wrap print.


Combination, and or:


I used a scan of my gelli plate monotone monoprint and combined it with my iphone shot (from last blog post) and printed this out on ivory watercolour paper from my inkjet printer.
So sweet! .. oh the possibilities.

1 comment:

Mammarte said...



Hi Dudley Redhead, thanks for comment yesterday.Saying it here as I'm tech challenged and don't know if you got it. Anyhow enjoyed your collaging of the gelli monoprints too. I'm a collager as well. Yesterday I set up on the deck and whipped out the Gelli plates from the Frij and had an interesting time. Also using combs, which were cheaper from the hardware store than authentic art store bought Gelli ones.Put all my efforts into display books so I can look at them and then decide how to collage.I am clearing for a shed. Just a pile of weeds and vines, and a tonne of fill to shift!









hi dudley Redhead, thanks for commnet

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails