Sunday, October 21, 2012

Out & about: Sydney

Well, amazingly it's already almost the end of October, which means a visit to Bondi..


to take in the sights of Sculpture by the Sea...


in it's 16th year with 113 works, it follows the coastline from Bondi to Tamarama.


We started earlyish - 7.30.
 I snapped quickly as it can be fairly competitive ... being such a beautiful spot - some are there to jog (heavy breathing + footsteps thudding were often in my ears), some are walking the dogs, or the kids, some are just walking and some are viewing + snapping.

 Attracting a wide range of photographers, laden down with some serious gear - these are my iphone 4 shots via instagram...

loved this!

backlight can make shooting tricky - best to just point - then process later!

this was one of 3 or 4, says alot don't you think?

there was a whole row of these - which was tricky to shoot without heaps of people

some just need to be shot as they are

fishing rods on the cliff



couldn't resist the spectator - and 'bored' sculpture!

early visit means great light

this was beautiful - but quite far from the path - they were probably a metre long

a crowd favourite perhaps?

these had grass placed on the chairs in the bags

placement can be everything

do love a stick or two

this one drew quite a photographic grouping..

For more go here





3 comments:

Jenny said...

You really seem to find the most interesting things to photograph. My world seems so boring in comparison. It is like you live in some sort of magical land filled with art. I bet I do too, I am just not taking the time to explore what is around me. Thanks again for the inspiration!

Kim Henkel said...

WOW! These are all amazing. I bet they are incredible to see in person, even though your images are wonderful!

Chris said...

Hi there, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. I have recently found it and am now following you. Hopefully you will follow me also. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails