Keen to try more with the Gelli Plate (available in Australia here) i found a few stamps i had made a while back. These are just shapes cut from a foam sheet, stuck on card and 'painted' with a little p.v.a to enable cleaning easier.
I mucked around printing with the plate and using the stamps directly.
I also used my new Distress inks to knock back/harmonise the white areas..
I lovely the happy accident printmaking effect of this.
|That wooden block (top right) is a blending thing, underneath is a piece of velcro|
with a piece of felt attached - this helps blend the inks - which stay wet while you work.
|The ink gives depth and doesn't 'disturb' the acrylic paint.|
These were just small little samples. I think it would be great to do a few so I could be less precious and really just go for it - as the possibilities are so many - it's hard to know when to 'add' or 'taketh away!'