Sunday, March 11, 2012

Nellie-casso??


Ending this month is the fabulous Picasso exhibition at the AGNSW, Nellie thought it would be a great idea to all do a Picasso inspired still life.


Luckily Dudley had a ukulele and a bit of a guitar on hand. I find it helps to take a photo of the scene and reduce it to 2D - then all you have to do is render it! You can even trace your own pic - you created it after all..


First i slapped on a bit of dark and light paint onto a bit of wood i found lying around..


I was trying to copy my photo - but then added more continuous black line work..
I had to attack the dark background with a bit of sandpaper.. to show up the lines..
I wanted to try a cardboard collage too - but time ran away and this was all i managed..

quite like the colour combo...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails