Sunday, February 12, 2012

Aaaah, needle & thread..

So yes, was away last weekend which means it's been at least 2 weeks since i did anything creative. Man, was i feeling twitchy..  guess what i needed was some 'stitchy'!
Somehow or other i have been following the AMAAAAZING work of 'lucky jackson'. Who appears to be stitching something fabulous every day over at 365 Lucky days..

images via 365 Luckydays


so how chuffed was i when i saw that she had released this 'polaroid love' here as a pattern.
i had to get my hands on one and try it out..


I love the idea of sketching with stitches.. i actually used freezer paper to 'stick' a piece of fabric to a surface so i could put it through my inkjet printer. This gave me 'Lucky's' line work to follow - all i had to do was get stitching.
And voila!



now to work on my own sketches...

2 comments:

Bec said...

Wow 'lucky jackson' is amazing. I like your take on 'polaroid love' and the vintage floral fabric is a nice touch.

Jenny said...

I LOVE THIS! Fabulous fabric there in the background. I can totally relate to twitchy-stitchy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails