Sunday, August 14, 2011

project central... part one

Hello! How have you been?
I have been up to my eyeballs in projects.. Which of course is great - but perhaps a little reminiscent of racing a deadline for a collage project.. of course i had oodles of time - but stuff got in the way - then i was sick.. ANYWAY! Here's a sneak peak of what i've been up to...
my submission to the Book Arts Council of Australia for their Matchbox zine project. Entrants were sent a matchbox to alter and use to contain a zine. I was inspired to turn mine into a garden shed - which led me to do an itty-bitty zine based on how important sheds have been through 3 generations of my family... it was challenging to distill the information to more of a 'feel' and just the essence... this bit was fun..

Using japanese masking tape (but of course!) to create furniture illustrations..
why not give it a go - just find a picture of an object you like and make your own by cutting little bits of tape... you can even reposition it as you work..
fingers crossed they like it...



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails