Sunday, May 15, 2011

DIY business cards...

Years ago the idea of doing a business card for myself (as a graphic designer) was a little daunting. It had to say so much while not looking too this, or too that.. THEN along came moo cards - those gorgeous little mini cards that can be photographic and have many different looks..
But this year for the zine fair - i decided to take a more DIY approach.
Here's what you need:
• card stock
• stamps: hand carved, bought, or custom ordered + stamp pad.
• rotary blade cutter - try the perforated or deckle edge.
• office name/address stamper
• Japanese masking tape

So firstly after selecting my card stock - I loaded up one of those office style stampers with my details..
then i stamped my logo with my vista print stamp - perhaps you've seen this here - pretty easy to get, handy to have!

Then I perforated the edge with my rotary cutter. Stamped a bit of colour with a hand carved rubber stamp.

Added the compulsory gorgeous Japanese masking tape and VOILA! unique business cards ready to go.
Of course the possibilities and combinations here are endless!

If you happen to be coming to the zine fair at the Museum of Contemporary Art, Sydney NEXT Sunday 22nd. 11-5 drop by, say hi and pick one up!

6 comments:

Shireen said...

Yay, zine fair! I hope I can make it, though it will be tough trying to pick from all those cute business cards.

pepper said...

these look great! I need new business cards.. Ones with my phone number this time (doh)
I might have alook at some pretty stamps now!
ps. your market stall looked great!

Pepper x

Mahmood Ali said...

Such a fabulous color combination its looking so gorgeous...
Plastic business cards 
Plastic Card

Rizwan Ali said...

Plastic cards are the best product to invest in because they do
numerous things for your business. They attract more prospects,
which will bring more revenue and clientele to you.
plastic card printing
Custom Gift Cards
Clear Business Cards

Hank Hendricks said...

Do you have any idea of putting your own picture in this cards?
Plastic Card Printing
Plastic Card Printing
Plastic Card Printing

John Locke said...

Great idea but why you should not use an advanced machines specially designed for these purposes the Toner Cartridge for Printers of those machines are also prepared for printing business stuffs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails