Sunday, November 7, 2010

Where have I been? part 1.

.. where indeed? time is surely running away with me..
a couple of weeks ago i flew north to visit my sister in Brisbane.. it was lovely catching the jet cat down the river to the city..


also a great excuse to visit..

Having watched Valentino: The Last Emperor, a documentary about Valentino's life i was excited to see his work face to face.. On at the Gallery of Modern Art for one more week.. the exhibition was amazing, if a little overwhelming. I wasn't quite sure why the garments were not displayed chronologically? A 1960's piece next to something from 2006 did seem odd to me. But it was a great opportunity to get up close to exquisite workmanship.. executed by the team that he has working for him.. Naturally i couldn't avoid wondering if i could actually wear something that seemed so fragile..
Southbank, where the gallery is located is one of my favourite places to hang out in Brisbane.. lunch at the gallery was an inexpensive way to stop, revive + survive!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails