Tuesday, November 23, 2010

More Sketchbook project..

Don't remind me that i haven't done much about this lately..
after i had experimented with some stitching the other week ( i had to make 2 cottages) .. that little piece also made it's way into the sketchbook project

I was looking for a subject for a mixed media postcard to send to England. It got me thinking about when i was a child and spent time visiting my grandparents in the English countryside. They had a tiny cottage, with whitewashed walls and a 'crunchy' stone driveway. My nan had gorgeous flower beds and we often left with a posy of pansies, hollyhocks + sweet peas.. Somewhere in my head i had the song..

How many gentle flowers grow

In an English country garden?
I'll tell you now of some I know
And those I'll miss I hope you'll pardon
Daffodils, heart's ease and phlox
Meadowsweet and lilly stalks
Gentain, lupine and tall hollihocks
Roses, foxgloves, snowdrops, forget-me-nots
In an English country garden.

Funny how things go 'in' to your head and then 'come out' in an entirely different form isn't it?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails