Sunday, July 4, 2010

Inpspiration, be still..

So if you've read the last couple of blog posts there has been searching. Eventually, like me, you may end up on the sofa on in a movie theatre..

You may have seen Jane Campion's Bright Star, based on the story about English poet John Keats and Fanny Brawne. It is truly sumptuous to watch. And there's craft.

Fanny does a lot of stitching... aahhh. The costumes and photography allow the story to unfold pleasurably.
I couldn't make a dash for my paints/pencils but kept seeing these colours..

I'll have to do something with them next week to capture the depth + richness that the movie evoked..
Sadly i will not be able to stitch up a ruffle with the ease that Fanny did.

1 comment:

mariannealice said...

perfect- I've been looking for just the right movie to take myself off to and this fits the bill!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails