Sunday, March 21, 2010

Reclaimed time..

Hooray!
I didn't go to the shops. I read a book lying on the grass. I didn't go out (well just to take the kids to the pool).
I flicked through new magazines. I didn't clean. I didn't catch up with anyone (only dropped the girl to a party) BUT i did go to the shed..
I got out the modelling compound..

Using an old credit card to smooth it across a surface helps to get an even finish. Here I'm smoothing it over a cheap 'canvas pad'.. Then i dry brush some paint over the top..

Then using some rubber off cuts i carved a a couple of shapes, inked them up and stamped them on..
There is hesitation about just how far to go as you can't 'undo'. But then you've just gotta go with it..

While in the shed I thought i'd try a monoprint. I've been enjoying Cathy Cullis's work - see her monoprint here. So I painted some waterbased ink onto glass, then placed paper onto the dry ink. Using a drypoint etching tool i did a few small doodles.. Some worked better than others.. here's a few..

I do like a bit of smudge and the line work had it's little surprises... I think i need to do some more and try different ink/paper combos..
Then i scanned it all in and ended up with this..

I had to work wonders with pasta, green beans, half an avocado, some smoked trout and almost ripe tomato for dinner... but I soooooo enjoyed my reclaimed time!

2 comments:

kate fern said...

I love your stamp piece and your monoprints - very impressed with the computer enhanced ones!!

katiecrackernuts said...

You go into the shed and good stuff happens. I go into the shed and I realise I am out of Blood and Bone. Damn it. Shed envy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails