Monday, December 21, 2009

market-ing 101

So Dudley did the market last Saturday and was reminded of stall holders 101..

1) the weather always wins.
2) 'negotiating' with those around you may occur.
3) coveting neighbour's work is likely... ie: you'll want to spend your money..
4) impossible to tell what will be your best seller that day.
5) nice to chat to interested folk.
6) some people just don't get your stuff.
7) endurance is mandatory.
8) probably helps if you have other forms of income...

So yes, it was a long HOT day. But enjoyable, lovely to see those that said hi/popped by/met Dudley for the first time. Yes I did wish i had bought a gorgeous Shagpile brooch. And my best seller was my little wooden picture/card holders.. NOW for the holiday..

4 comments:

Irit said...

How I wish I could attend. Your items look so cute!!!

feedthedog said...

love your gift tags .. that deer in particular.
what market was that?

one day i will write a book about doing markets.. the pleasure and pain of it all.

enjoy the hols!

katiecrackernuts said...

Have a great break and thanks for all your help in this past week. Much appreciated.

jenny said...

Hello! I just found your blog today and I just want to say that my heart has simultaneously stopped and pounded furiously. Your taste just about perfectly mirrors mine in what I believe are all things lovely. Thank you! If it is alright with you, I would like to add your blog under my favorite list on mine.

r4i칩

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails