Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sun, surf and crafting!

So off we went, and just over an hour later we arrived at the gorgeous Glenworth Valley. Wow, what a truly beautiful place to leave the city behind. The breathing slowed and instantly we were on our little holiday! With 3000 acres to explore, 200 horses, kayaks and quad bikes all 4 of us had a wonderful morning. While the boys explored the river, Miss R and I saddled up and trotted off down the trail.. I feel so fortunate to be able to do such a simple thing ...

Then it was off another 35 minutes to a beach side camping ground where we had rented a little villa for this Father's Day weekend.. totally gorgeous...


we'd stocked up with our favourite foods.. had morning strolls along the sand...

swam, and did some crafting too!

So, want to see what i made?.. well last week, very fortunately i came across the wonderful blog of Emma Starr who had some gorgeous things.. amongst them were wuppets, felt portraits of herself and her husband.
Ahh Haa! i thought... what a great idea.. a portable hand sewing project.. Mr R commented about it's narcissistic nature.. while i just thought "hey! artists have been doing self portraits for years!" So here i am..


I was getting a little carried away with the wardrobe... Miss R was sewing too, but understandably the lure of the pool with rapids etc was fairly strong... while i, sat listening to the ocean, and kept crafting..

We loved the complimentary Father's Day Hamper, and were very excited when we also won the gift pack.. (now he want's more room in the bathroom to house all his goodies!).. It's a tricky weekend as my dad who taught me so much about making stuff (amongst other things) is no longer with us.. so while i remember him with such love and happiness, i try to keep that going and create special times for us as a family now...

6 comments:

M* (Melanie) said...

Oh my goodness!! They look absolutely sensational!! I was so excited when I read your comment telling me you had decided to make a wuppet or two yourself! I was absolutely chuffed. They are so much fun to make and I can see you and your daughter have really enjoyed yourselves. You've made my night! Thanks. Can't wait to see their adventures.

Anna Lloyd said...

It looks like you had lots of fun! I love the self portraits!

angelique said...

Your weekend looks like it was fabulous. I also love the self portrait, from what I have seen of the odd shot of you on your blog it's a good resemblance.

katiecrackernuts said...

Sounds like you had a lovely time in our neck of the woods.
Might have passed you in the traffic coming back into Sydney on Sunday evening though. Wowser. We were heading home from a family visit to Balmain.

Happydacks said...

Love your Wuppets and their holiday photos, they are really cute!!

craftschmaft said...

LOVE the wuppet, definitely you! Sounds like you had an absolutely blissful weekend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails