Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Here i am..

Sorry to have left you like that.. you know how it gets. In my case it was the last week of term, then a few days break at Easter - great for doing things like removing massive dust build up from the fan (oooh yes!) ... anyway... then it was back to the office for a few hectic days before a week off.. THEN
off we took to the country.. BUT don't get me started on this 'just over 2 1/2 hours from Sydney' business. Unless these people are aboard some futuristic hovercraft hybrid vehicle there is NO WAY Barrington Tops is any such distance from Sydney!!! inhale..


But it was all very lovely, including the local towns and bits of nature..



There was inclement weather which converts to 'lush surrounds', a self contained cabin - converts to 'you'll be indoors', and the woolshed games room 'hooray - as a few hours were spent there'...
Luckily it did fine up and Miss R and I got our tour of the property on horse back, perfect indeed.


Miss R also packed Anna the bear seen here, taking in the country air..
So after a few hours rained in i picked up the sketchbook, the 3 felt tip pens and sketched my own wildlife.. I'm one of those people (perhaps like you) who looks at other peoples' blogs wondering how they come up with ideas or how they draw 'like that'.. anyway, I've never drawn in this style and i don't know why i did then. All i can tell you is I had time to do the detail work and i just kept my pen moving on the page without thinking..


2 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Wow! I wish I could pick up a pen and just draw something like that....amazing!

katiecrackernuts said...

Ah nope. Barrington Tops easily four hours from Sydney. It's about three from here. Beautiful though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails