Tuesday, February 3, 2009

a quick post


Hello, welcome back. Perhaps you have heard of Charley Harper and perhaps you have seen some of his amazing work, including his beautiful screen printed birds seen here. I love the simplified shapes, the color palette - so much about his work to be admired. I also just found a short interview with him here.
Anyway, as i sit in awe of his work - i recently decided to do a bird of my own. A 'new' friend who is visiting Australia was having a birthday - so i thought a painting of a Kookaburra (native Aussie bird) would be a good idea. While not using screen printing or for one moment professing to be in the same league as Mr Harper, I quite liked my result...

4 comments:

katiecrackernuts said...

Bloody hell. That's brilliant. Don't hold back. More Aussie birds.

Cass said...

I agree that is fantastic, well done

mariannealice said...

Love his work...have just ordered the ABC and counting book for Grace's birthday( not for myself at all, no, no not at all!)
Your kookaburra is wonderful- how about a magpie - I am missing their calls in the morning...

Anna Lloyd said...

I love your kookaburra, awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails