Thursday, February 19, 2009

I want some answers, please.



So I've been thinking.. and i've got an idea for a new zine. But, I'd like to ask you all a question:
When, in your life did you think that the grass was greener?
Or is it easier if i say: "what did you wish for?" that now, in hindsight you realise that in fact that thing, or place or job etc wasn't actually any better?
I would love to hear a few lines from you of when - you thought the grass was greener....
It doesn't have to be an essay - just a few lines on why you really thought you wanted it.. why was it going to be better? what was sooooo appealing about 'it'. What was it?

I would love you to leave a comment or email me Dudley.Redhead@gmail.com
I will choose 3 random entries to send a copy of my zine to when it's done.. I can perhaps post works in progress..
(so if you email i will be able to send you one - should you be chosen).
Please respond by Feb 26.

5 comments:

katiecrackernuts said...

I think when I was younger. You realise, when you're older, how very small your world was / is. The grass always looked greener from the patch I was standing on but even as someone who's lived overseas, the grass you're standing on still has "you" standing on it. Essentially, that's the only thing you can really change ...

Ali said...

I was driving along the motorway past the airport yesterday. And as I watched the planes taking off I had a yearning to be on one. Not for a trip, but to go somewhere new and start over. Anywhere.

A true case of the grass is greener, and an urge to begin again with a clean slate.

Ali said...

I was driving along the motorway past the airport yesterday. And as I watched the planes taking off I had a yearning to be on one. Not for a trip, but to go somewhere new and start over. Anywhere.

A true case of the grass is greener, and an urge to begin again with a clean slate.

SECRET DIARY said...

Heya! This is my first time on your fantastic blog. I will be back. Stay fabulous. It keeps 'em guessing. Ciao.

Anonymous said...

when i was young i wanted to live in a mansion. i thought it would be fab to have a room just for books, another just for toys and another just for clothes etc etc etc. then i discovered housework. living in a mansion wasn't a good payoff when you had to keep the whole place clean. i though about a housekeeper but i think one should always clean up after ones own mess.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails