Sunday, October 19, 2008

Swatch what you ask for...

So a bit more on the 'new room'. Some detailing: putty in the holes, painting the window frames, skirting boards and selecting new colour for the feature wall... So off to the hardware store on Saturday morning we went...
All i can say was poor little Lou, all on his own at the paint counter.. 9am and TWO female graphic designers trying to custom mix their own swatches. Why is it that the colour you want doesn't exist AT ALL?
Poor Lou, he perserved while we knocked back his efforts - until after a little more ochre (for her) and a little more black for me (and feeling slightly pressured by the possibility of queue rage) we took our tins and left..
This was after yesterdays painting.. it's lovely as the light changes too.. pinboards, curtains and blinds next..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like somewhere I would be very happy spending my time.

Dick (of Dick & Dora)

katiecrackernuts said...

It looks great. Is the artwork yours?

veronica darling said...

I like the shine there too! Great wall, I'd love that in my house!

Kirsten said...

I love your bird painting. Fun to see that you have a Danish chair from the other side of the world at your table!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails