Sunday, October 26, 2008

market forces

The week that was .. day job: designing a feature on food in Montreal, weeknights: trying to catch up with friends, weekend: boys at scout camp, girls: singing, dancing, crafting, movies, out and about. perfect.
So our visit was to the Danks Street festival which incorporated the PYD designer market. well. it was PACKED! seething with people - no tarmac to be seen.. full of food, produce, art and design.
Here is what i found:

I couldn't resist buying the adorable fabric panel sheep from feed the dog, (above, top). I would've loved the apron dress from the naively chic Nell.. go see her website - she truly has beautiful work..as she says "from Paris to Sydney.. (above, left). I also spotted some funky felt bits from 0049 design.. and some punchy artwork from prado-marin.
Sydney finally remembered it was Spring, so decided to let the sun shine.
The street was blocked off, the galleries opened, the people swarmed.. I hope they also made it into the 'cooler' indoor market too.
While us girls high-tailed it home - with a few hours left to create... more on that later..
Enjoy your week too.

4 comments:

mizu designs said...

I've got the same feed the dog cushion sitting on my couch and just love it. Soooo cute!

talktothewind said...

i wish i could go there!!!!
i will go next year hopefully!!
your purchased items looks great!!

Anna Laura said...

I've tagged you on my blog, however I understand sometimes they come at the wrong time, so please don't feel any pressure to do a post.

Anonymous said...

Great post DR, I love your blog. Can you tell me, were Nell's wares expensive? I've just visited her site but there are no prices. She makes gorgeous things :^)
Cheers, Rebecca

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails