Thursday, July 10, 2008

Urban puppy

Apologies, Sunday night usual blog night, came and went. The week had gone well ending with a movie night at a friends place - the only reason i mention this is because we were using a projector on a wall and whilst deciding which old movie to watch we called up the web. .. Quite confronting to see your own blog really large in a friends lounge room! But good for choosing which pizza we wanted.. anyway..
the kids and i then ventured to Spotlight bright and early last Saturday. I found myself with fabric to make 3 skirts, a tote bag and do some embroidery... but unfortunately i walked past some lovely muted 'folk art' paint bottles... Sunday morning i was up at 7.30 ready to get into it...
BUT where to start? I sat at my mac, but that was too much like the rest of my week... My fabric was washed and in a stack. The paint beckoned.. I braced the shed (a bit chilly) and painted 5 mini works... I wasn't quite sure if they are my style.. here are 2 of them. I don't really know what my style is?
So the dilemma - Saturday approaches .. where creatively to begin? How do you decide?

2 comments:

cindy said...

Weirdly enough, I start creative mode by cleaning. I pop in my ipod and start tidying the studio. Just looking at all of my fabric and materials has my mind racing with anticipation. Everybody's got a process and it will be interesting to heart what other people do.

katiecrackernuts said...

Oh I so know where you're coming from. Kids were all out Sunday, so I had the house to myself. I thought I'd start with finishing things. I finished two pairs of remodelled pants and started cutting the felt for a project of penny eggs I've had on the boil for years. They're an Easter project from almost 10 years ago and I am determined to finish them before I start anything new.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails