Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A quick note


So yesterday - a scorcher in Sydney: 36 degrees. I pysched myself into an early morning start. Dropped the junior drummer and clarinet player at band practice 7.40am. Headed to the beach had a bit of a walk - then braced myself for the first ocean pool swim for the season! Let's just say I wasn't sure if my heart was still working for a lap, it was so cold... But it did feel good by the time I was having the coffee looking out at the ocean. Something to remember when I'm back at my desk next week.
Then I came back and made this journal cover for a friends birthday. Decided I could cut up one of my favourite Japanese fabrics ... for a minute there it was looking a bit 'overly country' - but I think it looked ok in the end. Has handy pocket at the back ... what do you think? Mr Dudley said I should've backed it so it was stiff?

2 comments:

fiona said...

i made a note padfoilo recently and ummed & arhed over the stiffness issue, the next one will be stiff, better i think if your using it on your knees...nice to meet you...

Bronwyn, said...

I do like your Autumnal colour combination, especially the green. Who wouldn't like to own a journal/diary cover like this? I'm off now to look at your Etsy shop.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails