Saturday, October 27, 2007

Art and about

Sorry it's been a bit empty all week, but well I guess that's what going back to work does for you. I have been working on my first 'altered book 'project this afternoon - but will post that tomorrow night after the swap...
So last night I did make it to ART sydney which is open until 5pm Sunday 28th October.
Well it was smaller than last year and sad to say a lot of the upcoming artists and affordable works on paper seem to have almost disappeared. Here's one of the few refreshing artists i found:

These are 3 works by Jane Fontane who is represented by United Galleries
Jane Fontane is a recent COFA graduate who majored in print making. Her multi colour screen prints are inspired from the innocence of child hood and the carry over effects it has on the adult mind. She won the end of year Print making award at COFA in 2006. Then from there I headed to the "off the wall" which was a gallery space for emerging artists - entry was via a submission to a panel. Here's one of my faves:

Beanies in Beijing by Penny Burnett.
It's always worthwhile seeing what's out there - but I have to say I do enjoy the art at Etsy - works on paper without the hobknobbing.
Pop back tomorrow ... see you then.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails